We are excited to announce the Production Ready release for the Microsoft Drivers v4.3.0 for PHP for SQL Server. The drivers now support Debian Jessie and macOS. The driver enables access to SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and Azure SQL DW from any PHP application on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
Notable items for the release:
- PHP 7.1 support
- Added Unicode Column name support (issue #138)
- Support for transparent connections to AlwaysOn Availability Groups. The driver quickly discovers the current AlwaysOn topology of your server infrastructure and connects to the current active server transparently.
- Added support for sql_variant data type with limitation (issue #51 and issue #127)
- Debian Jessie (tested on Debian 8.7) and macOS (El Capitan and above) support
- Connection Resiliency support for Windows
- Connection pooling support for Linux and macOS
Read more about it here!